Re: Eclair Cameras: Associated dangers with sending exposed negative by mail?

Forget the lead wrap. The new equipment they have simply increases its power when it encounters an item it can't see into.
Use FedEX--they don't X-ray and are very dependable.

Wade K. Ramsey, DP
Dept. of Cinema & Video Production
Bob Jones University
Greenville, SC 29614

super16acl@aol.com 9/16/03 2:10:07 AM >>>
USE THE LEAD-WRAP STUFF --- the double strength kind. It comes in very large rolls that may cost $200 or more(USD). Apparently even the airports admit that film at 400 ISO and above will fog ... so probably it will actually happen at lower speeds too. :-) I have a 1970s era continuous 16mm newsfilm processor that I may sell on Ebay in the months ahead; it takes 400' rolls, but it isn't set up for color negative. And it's hard enough SHOOTING a large movie project, let alone turning your garage or basement into a lab too! (I even have a 1200 foot contact printer that goes with it!)

Also, I recommend only using Federal Express if you want to be certain that it will get there, and in a timely matter.
Mark.