Re: Eclair Cameras: HD-144 and Metering System

I believe that August was working on a method to install a small reduction lens in the finder, and then remove the existing convex lens from the gg and glue on a longer one (you'd need to cut a longer rectangle from a thin circular lens obtained from EDMUND SCI --- after months of experimenting I seem to recall something like 72mm being the correct focal length for that pesky little thing). In theory, that would let you see both the meter and the full S-16 image, albeit smaller (though I would imagine brighter). Don't know what came of his experiment. Mark. PS - Frankly, I'm not sure that the 70's metering system is worth the hassle. Probably better to get a good modern spot meter. :-)