Re: Eclair Cameras: HD-144 and Metering System

Hi, Mark

That was an interesting bit of advice you gave regarding the use of the entire 16mm frame, by adding the anemographic lens to a Super 8 sproketed 16mm frame. I might add that if the Super 8mm frames are stacked on top of each other, thus making up the full 16mm frame, one could shoot 3D images, with two Super 8mm frames stacked over each other. The only thing would be how to mount the two lenses. Perhaps two 16mm lenses could be placed on top of each other and two apertures should be machined to accommodate them. I think the 16mm frame with the two Super 8mm anemographic/3D frames would utilize the entire 16mm frame from one side of the film to the other. :-))

By the way, I'm trying to recell some old ACL batteries. These are the old thin batteries that look like ladies purses -- you know which ones I mean? They have a shoulder strap and all. Anyway, they take 10 x 1.2 volt nickel cadmium batteries. I remember somebody found a place that sold the batteries cheap. I tried today, but they wanted from $6-$11 per battery. That's too much. Do you know a place that cells those 1.2 volt batteries?

Cordially

Vic
----- Original Message ----- From: Mark To: EclairACL@topica.com Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 7:58 PM
 Subject: Re: Eclair Cameras: HD-144 and Metering System

 I believe that August was working on a method to install a small reduction lens in the finder, and then remove the existing convex lens from the gg and glue on a longer one (you'd need to cut a longer rectangle from a thin circular lens obtained from EDMUND SCI --- after months of experimenting I seem to recall something like 72mm being the correct focal length for that pesky little thing). In theory, that would let you see both the meter and the full S-16 image, albeit smaller (though I would imagine brighter). Don't know what came of his experiment.  Mark.  PS - Frankly, I'm not sure that the 70's metering system is worth the hassle. Probably better to get a good modern spot meter. :-)
This email was sent to: vic@releasing.net