Eclair Cameras: hd-144-installation-RESPONSE from original poster

hello all,

thanks for your replies.  as always, very helpful and very useful.  i tend ot think some of you are correct in advising me to use bernie for the conversion. the reason i have not wanted to do this is because i am putting together a dvd that will contain various s8 and 16/s16 cameras, includign instructions how to take them apart, service them, repair them, and put them back togehter ... including schematics, and easy selection chapters for each step in the process.  i have only been involved with filmmaking for 6 months(although i have produced hundreds of various multimedia titles over the years), and the original intention of me getting involved was to FINALLY be a filmmaker, and NOT anything else, as i have been sidetracked over the past 15 years into doing one thing or another as work to pay the bills and stay alive.  however, in the process of figuring out what equipment i needed to get started with, based on my budget, etc., i found and decided i should PRACTICE my fil
mmaking(learning what equipment is right for what job, and what filmstock to use and when, and how to properly light, and most importnaly ... how to properly tell a story and keep people interested) skills by making a dvd regarding my own lessons and experiences as a newbee filmmaker figuring things out.  so thats what i am doing.  i am indexing and documenting everything that relates to my experiences and lessons.  but what i have not thought about thus far, and what some of you sparked off in my head just now, is i should also attach some people to these cameras ... like bernie, and others that are considered among the best.top in their field as it relates to a specifc camera type.  and the same thing applies to film processors.  telecine artists(including color correction).  various inventors and machinists that have kept these older camera alive and kicking, and on and on.

also, mind you, because this is literally my first FILM film, it will be noted(b-roll/camera, digital) how i am learning and what i am doing correclty and incorrectly .. so the dvd wil show an obvious improvment from my first scenes to my last scenes as it relates to focus, exposure, lighting, story telling ,and editing(and everything else, includign my knowledge base and ability to make better decisions and faster). the dvd will show split screens of what i am filming, and of me attemtping to film, or actually filming ... so take not i will spare no expense to show how little in know right now, and hopefully by the end of this, and by the end of the dvd, i wll have actually learned a thing or two, and people will not feel so sorry for me after having to watch the initial first days/weeks/months footage :)

if some of you know bernie, or other people that have experience with the following cameras:
beaulieu r16
eclair acl
eclair npr
cp gsmo
cp-16
arri 16mm(i have not yet delved into arri cameras, so have no clue which models to focus on).

the dvd will contain 'popular' cameras of times past.  the newer ones like the a-minima. aaton, arri, a-cam, etc. will be for another dvd when i cna afford it, if i ever can afford it.  for now, i basically would like to cover the above cameras in aqs much detail as possible, both technically .. so folks can work on their cameras using the dvd as a tutorial, and as well as the stories behind such cameras fro mthe folks who know/knew.  this way, perhaps an edited version could appeal to one of the cable channels, like the history channel, or learning channel, or anychannel willing to run my final cut.  it is my personal opinion that film camera will always maintain a position in people's lives in the years to come.  perhaps in 50 or 100 years from now, a dvd like mine will be the only thing left that can help someone understnad their camera.  because right now, there really is not any good quality productions as it relates to this segment of the film industry ... inde filmmak
ing using actual film cameras, most of which are not supported by the manufacture, or the manufacture no longer exists.

and before anyone preaches to me about how this wil most likely not be a money making venture ... i an MOT doing it for that reason.  i am doing it for my own reason, so i cna learn how to make a movie.  it just so happens i enjoy this part of the process, and would like to contribute somethign in an effort to at least deliver a piece of collective information that can be of some use/help to people interested in such cameras/processes.

eric.
--
eric martin jarvies sr
cabo san lucas, bcs mexico cp 23410

NOTICE<<<
ANY AND ALL WRITTEN TEXT EXCHANGED IN THIS EMAIL THREAD MAY BE REPRODUCED IN ANY FORM FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING NON AND FOR PROFIT, FOR THE PURPOSES OF MY OWN INFORMATION EXCHANGE AND PUBLICALLY AVAILABLE KNOWLEDGE-BASE / FORUM / JOURNAL, LOCATED AT HTTP://WWW.EARTHID.ORG OR ANY OTHER INTERNET SITE OR FORM OF PRINT/DIGITAL/ANALOG MEDIA, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO; VHS, DVD, FILM, PUBLICATION(BOOK, MAGAZINE, ADVERTISEMENT), AND AUDIO.  RESPECTIVE CREDIT, COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK, SERVICEMARK, OR PATENT WILL BE MADE PART THEREOF ACCORDINGLY.  PLEASE REFRAIN FROM SLANDER OR HERESAY, AND CONSIDER ANY SUCH QUOTE(S) I MAY USE FROM THIS COMMUNICATION THREAD A DIRECT REFLECTION OF YOU AND/OR YOUR POSITION AS IT RELATES TO THE DISUSSED SUBJECT MATTER AND YOUR OVERALL OPINION(S) ACCORDINGLY AND RESPECTFULLY, UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED.  I GIVE FULL PERMISSION FOR YOU TO EXPRESS THE EXACT SAME RIGHTS IN RETROSPECT.