To: <EclairACL@topica.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 1:27 PM
Subject: Eclair Cameras: hd-144-installation-RESPONSE from original poster

hello all,

thanks for your replies.  as always, very helpful and very useful.  i tend
ot think some of you are correct in advising me to use bernie for the
conversion. the reason i have not wanted to do this is because i am putting
together a dvd that will contain various s8 and 16/s16 cameras, includign
instructions how to take them apart, service them, repair them, and put them
back togehter ... including schematics, and easy selection chapters for each
step in the process.  i have only been involved with filmmaking for 6
months(although i have produced hundreds of various multimedia titles over
the years), and the original intention of me getting involved was to FINALLY
be a filmmaker, and NOT anything else, as i have been sidetracked over the
past 15 years into doing one thing or another as work to pay the bills and
stay alive.  however, in the process of figuring out what equipment i needed
to get started with, based on my budget, etc., i found and decided i should
PRACTICE my filmmaking(l

also, mind you, because this is literally my first FILM film, it will be
noted(b-roll/camera, digital) how i am learning and what i am doing
correclty and incorrectly .. so the dvd wil show an obvious improvment from
my first scenes to my last scenes as it relates to focus, exposure,
lighting, story telling ,and editing(and everything else, includign my
knowledge base and ability to make better decisions and faster). the dvd
will show split screens of what i am filming, and of me attemtping to film,
or actually filming ... so take not i will spare no expense to show how
little in know right now, and hopefully by the end of this, and by the end
of the dvd, i wll have actually learned a thing or two, and people will not
feel so sorry for me after having to watch the initial first
days/weeks/months footage :)

if some of you know bernie, or other people that have experience with the
following cameras:
beaulieu r16
eclair acl
eclair npr
cp gsmo
cp-16
arri 16mm(i have not yet delved into arri cameras, so have no clue which
models to focus on).

the dvd will contain 'popular' cameras of times past.  the newer ones like
the a-minima. aaton, arri, a-cam, etc. will be for another dvd when i cna
afford it, if i ever can afford it.  for now, i basically would like to
cover the above cameras in aqs much detail as possible, both technically ..
so folks can work on their cameras using the dvd as a tutorial, and as well
as the stories behind such cameras fro mthe folks who know/knew.  this way,
perhaps an edited version could appeal to one of the cable channels, like
the history channel, or learning channel, or anychannel willing to run my
final cut.  it is my personal opinion that film camera will always maintain
a position in people's lives in the years to come.  perhaps in 50 or 100
years from now, a dvd like mine will be the only thing left that can help
someone understnad their camera.  because right now, there really is not any
good quality productions as it relates to this segment of the film industry
... inde filmmaking using

and before anyone preaches to me about how this wil most likely not be a
money making venture ... i an MOT doing it for that reason.  i am doing it
for my own reason, so i cna learn how to make a movie.  it just so happens i
enjoy this part of the process, and would like to contribute somethign in an
effort to at least deliver a piece of collective information that can be of
some use/help to people interested in such cameras/processes.

eric.

--
eric martin jarvies sr
cabo san lucas, bcs mexico cp 23410

>>>NOTICE<<<
ANY AND ALL WRITTEN TEXT EXCHANGED IN THIS EMAIL THREAD MAY BE REPRODUCED
IN ANY FORM FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING NON AND FOR PROFIT, FOR THE
PURPOSES OF MY OWN INFORMATION EXCHANGE AND PUBLICALLY AVAILABLE
KNOWLEDGE-BASE / FORUM / JOURNAL, LOCATED AT HTTP://WWW.EARTHID.ORG OR ANY
OTHER INTERNET SITE OR FORM OF PRINT/DIGITAL/ANALOG MEDIA, INCLUDING BUT NOT
LIMITED TO; VHS, DVD, FILM, PUBLICATION(BOOK, MAGAZINE, ADVERTISEMENT), AND
AUDIO.  RESPECTIVE CREDIT, COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK, SERVICEMARK, OR PATENT WILL
BE MADE PART THEREOF ACCORDINGLY.  PLEASE REFRAIN FROM SLANDER OR HERESAY,
AND CONSIDER ANY SUCH QUOTE(S) I MAY USE FROM THIS COMMUNICATION THREAD A
DIRECT REFLECTION OF YOU AND/OR YOUR POSITION AS IT RELATES TO THE DISUSSED
SUBJECT MATTER AND YOUR OVERALL OPINION(S) ACCORDINGLY AND RESPECTFULLY,
UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED.  I GIVE FULL PERMISSION FOR YOU TO EXPRESS THE
EXACT SAME RIGHTS IN RETROSPECT.