Fujinon 12.5mm lens

Eclair ACL Discussion and Support

--------------------------- ListBot Sponsor --------------------------
Get a low APR NextCard Visa in 30 seconds!
    1.  Fill in the brief application
    2.  Receive approval decision within 30 seconds
    3.  Get rates as low as 2.99% Intro or 9.99% Ongoing APR and no
annual fee!
Apply NOW!
http://www.bcentral.com/listbot/NextCard

This is a followup to a previous thread regarding
prime lenses for the ACL. I shot some footage with a
new Fujinon 12.5mm TV lens I picked up cheap on ebay.
Very impressive. Everything was tack sharp. Even out
to the edges of the frame. Color reproduction looked
good although I didn't try it with other lenses to see
how well it matched. Very useful for tight quarters
shooting and relatively fast at f1.4. No issues with
back element and mirror clearance either. It even
mounted to my reflex Bolex no problem. All in all a
good bargain.  Only thing I don't like about it is the
hash mark indicating your focus and aperture point is
at the bottom of the lens when mounted. Easily fixed
by a good lens tech.
It's worth noting that these lenses can be had new for
under $200 at CCTV online sites.
Happy shooting!
-Ray