Re: Eclair ACL

Make sure the film is really wound tightly on the core --- and that it is emulsion-out for French, emulsion-in for English! I find most jams come from the film slipping off the core, and I will actually place the mag on the camera with the takeup door off and watch the first few feet take-up to be certain that I haven't spaced out. The 400' mag has a little "clack-o-meter" near the lower loop that will make a loud clicking noise if you lose the loop, (some older 200' mags lack this device).

I have a page showing English and French threading paths at:
www.members.aol.com/super16acl --- I think it's on the page that compares the ACL 1 and the II. Mark.