Re: Eclair ACL Battery Options

I could certainly make additional battereries for the tap.  I think my 1st
chore is to repair the battery that is down, which gives me 4.  Even on my
busiest day filming, I only went through 1 1/2 "YeagerVision" battery packs.
Maybe I'll have enough with four.  If I put in plugs which are compatible
with my tap, I can use any of my batteries for either the camera, the tap or
both.   I could make a Y connector and use an adaptor cable to get in to my
tap, but I'm trying to be as sleek and streamlined as possible...just
because I can!  (I hate when connectors bang agains my camera and cables
dangle.  It happens all the time, but if I'm building the system, I'm
inclined to minimize the excess).

I think you're right though, I'll likely need more power if I'm putting the
tap to use in the real world.  I also have 4 Anton Bauer 14.4v "bricks" from
which I can run either the camera or the tap as well.   It's very unlikely
that I'll be using the tap hand held, because it replaces the eyepiece, so
using the bricks isn't a bad alternative.  Having separate power sources for
the tap and the camera is inherently a good idea anyway.

I'm not so concerned with weight, since I'll either be flying the camera
w/tap on a Steadicam (which has its own power) or on a remote head, most of
which can handle the weight of 35mm cameras, so even with extra batteries
aboard, my little ACL will be well within the range of the hardware.

Anyway, the little battery packs I've built really do the job.  They're
cheap, easy, small and have plenty of power.  I'd build 'em to sell if
anyone's interested.  I'd have to do research as to how much they really
cost, but really, it's simple enough to do on your own....

Warren Yeager, SOC
www.warrenyeager.com