From: "Perry Paolantonio" <perry@postforum.com>
To: <EclairACL@topica.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2002 11:24 AM
Subject: RE: Eclair ACL EXP ON/OFF switch

>Let me try this again...  Now I see the Topica does not allow imbedded
>picture, no matter how small.

actually, i got the images in the email. i think it depends on your
email program and its settings. attachements tend to be more reliable
than inline images, but a lot of mail list servers strip them
entirely. i'm using Eudora Pro 4 for the mac, and they came through
fine.

on a related note, my ACL, a 1.5, has the large base, but does not
have the "exp" switch in your pictures - is that for the built in
slate or is that a light meter thing? i have a switch to turn the
slate on and off, but it's on the right side [as you're holding the
camera], directly in front of the power socket.

I have the HD motor with inching knob and "E" setting, which is for
an external controller, i was told. i was also told that the motor
really doesn't like external controllers, but i don't know how much
stock to put in that.

I understand that 1.5 means different things, and that since these
cameras were so interchangable, i may have parts from half a dozen
different units. Mine also originated from Russia [it was owned by a
TV station that liquidated their cameras about 6 years ago to the guy
i bought mine from]. i have a really funky home made top handgripm
crudely machined out of aluminum. so who knows - you may have bits
and pieces of the same pool of cameras mine came from!

-perry
http://www.eclairacl.com