Re: Eclair ACL Warren's Flicker

We've never had it on our ACL, bought new in '73 and still in use. The only flare we've had to fight is kick off the bottom edge of the
aperture plate when it lost its black finish.  Every so many years, I
have to re-black it.
Have you checked the neg with a magnifier?   (Never rely on a
transfer or print to determine the cause of strange artifacts.)  Is
the flare only inside the frame or does it also go into the sprocket
area?

Wade K. Ramsey, DP
Dept. of Cinema & Video Production
Bob Jones University
Greenville, SC 29614

wy@warrenyeager.com 3/20/02 6:03:37 PM >>>
It's regular 16mm.  At all other times, the camera is groovy.  I use
it all the time and keep in running with George At Electo Optical
House.  I had actually noticed the same phenomenon with another ACL
some years ago.

It's possible that there's a little mis sync somewhere, but as I
mentioned, it only happens from the left, when there's a highlight.  I
was thinking it's a quirk with the ACL's.

Warren Yeager, SOC
www.warrenyeager.com ----- Original Message ----- From: Les Bosher To: EclairACL@topica.com Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2002 12:46 PM
 Subject: Eclair ACL Warren's Flicker

 At risk of starting another great debate , it might be worth
checking that the mirror is actually in sync. properly with the claw &
metal shutter .
 Is your camera 16 or Super 16 ?

 Regards
 Les