RE: Eclair Cameras: kinetal 12.5

We don't have a Kinetal, but we have a Cinegon 11.5mm in an Arri rotating mount (gotta be from the '60's at least, we got it used in '66) and a later Cinegon 10mm in an Arri non-rotating mount. Both clear the BTL gel filter on the ACL, thus the mirror. The 10 protrudes less than the older 11.5.
If you can try the Kinetal on an ACL, having a gel in the holder would give you a sort of safety as you carefully inserted it.  You should feel it push against the gel.  Or mount it on the ACL Arri mount with the mount off the camera.  If the back end of the lens protrudes more than about 3/16 inch out the back of the mount, be careful.

Wade K. Ramsey, DP
Dept. of Cinema & Video Production
Bob Jones University
Greenville, SC 29614

ianmarks@lycos.com 11/4/03 10:46:32 AM >>>
Do you think it will interfere with an Eclair ACL?

Unfortunately I don't own an ACL - not yet anyway - so I don't know. My Kinetal is presently on a CP16R (with a lensmount adapter) and it just barely clears the mirror. The mirror on the ACL is unique, but I think you'd run into the same problem. Maybe someone else in this forum has worked with older wide-angle Arri-mount lenses on their ACL and can help. I take it you can't test the lens on your camera before buying?