Re: Eclair Cameras: Bad Spelling on an ACL Forum?? Why not?

Robert,

Thank you for "spelling it out" clearly. As I said before, I am a publisher
of an International magazine, and we produce videos and an upcoming TV show,
and as such, I see people that are not willing to use proper grammar, or
spelling, and it becomes a habit. That HABIT slops over into their speaking
skills, then eventually into their photography, their work station, and
eventually most other areas of their life. What makes anyone think the same
attitude will not show up in their filming and sound, lighting, ect?

The man from Mexico blamed his "dirty and dusty keyboard from all the
construction work they are doing around here" on his inability to properly
spell. Remember, this is the guy that lives in a grass shack, in a part of
Mexico where there are limited repair facilities, and he is going to do
precise surgery to his camera's internal working parts, AND produce a DVD to
the rest of us on how to repair OUR film cameras? I ask you? If his keyboard
is so dirty and crammed with dirt and dust that he accidentally hits the
wrong keys (several hundred times a day with 100 or more emails a day going
out) how dirt free will the inside of his camera be?

Using spell check is no different than using a light meter instead of
guessing at, or calculating exposure the old way. It is a tool for us to use
to avoid mistakes that others will see.

Just yesterday I sent a short reply and myself forgot to use it, and the
word analogy was off by ONE letter, and someone caught it, and they should,
for it is wrong, so we all make mistakes, but when someone purposely sends
out 100 or more emails a day, with literally dozens of misspelled and
improper words, it gives us ALL a black eye, believe it or not, to new
people joining this group. Like it or not, we ARE judged by the company we
keep, even on the Internet.

I find the people that speak articulately, both in the spoken and written
word, AND keep a clean working environment, usually have the same habits on
their photography and film making.

We see hundreds of videos each year, hundreds of stories and literally
thousands of photos. The habits tell the story more than any other fact.

Thanks,

Raymond F. Oelrich
President and Publisher
Big Game Adventures magazine