RE: Eclair Cameras: Color Reversal Film

Raymond,

It costs a total of $193.95 for process, prep, transfer to MiniDV, postage and handling of 400' color reversal at Bono Film and Video. It costs 137.88 for 2 rolls of 7239 and 2 rolls of 7250 including shipping.

So for a total of $331.83 you can have 11 minutes and 7 seconds of 16mm film put onto a MiniDV tape that you can watch over and over again, and not have to worry about getting hair on it and what not (as you would if you watched the original with a projector).

This is the way that I plan to shoot all of my films from now on. People say that color reversal has more of a 70's-ish look, and since I'm using an Angenieux 10-150 lens that was used in the seventies, and my camera was probably made in that decade, I figured lets embrace that Kodachromey look. It sort of reminds me of another quote from Elvis Costello:

"When you're kicking in the car chrome, when you're drinking down the Eau de Cologne, when you're spitting out the Kodachrome...you better watch your step."

No, but seriously the colors are very vivid, but I love the look personally. It kind of reminds me of the Return of the Pink Panther, or even Miami Vice!

Hope that doesn't cause any of you to puke.

Michael Welle