Eclair Cameras: ground glass help

Hi all,
I´m about to send my camera from Spain to the NY for an AZ spectrum video.
I´d like to have bernie´s laser brighteen done in the same travel (having my camera travelling gets me very nervous), but don{t get any answer from bernie´s email. (bernie_odoherty@emerson.edu)
Do you think i could go for some time without it? or will the videoassist leave the viewfinder too dark? Anyone has experience.
And most of all, is it difficult to take off the ground glass and then put it back? or i´ll have to send the whole body again.
Does bernie sell new laser brighteened ground glasses marked for s16?
maybe i could buy one and have Les installing in the next camera check.
Thanks,
Fulgencio