Eclair Cameras: Back focus and adapters.

From: Nick Peterson "When using bayo->PL mount adapters, how likely is the back focus of the lens to be off?"

Hi Nick.  I also have Les's fantastic PL mount adapter, and it works perfectly.  But you are correct in your suspicion about the back focus.  I just shot a short film with it this past summer, and measuring the distance from the camera to the subject, did not match up at all with the markings on the lens when focusing by eye.  The Assistant Cameraman had to pull focus by using focus marks set by eye, because measuring with tape was useless.  But other than that, the adapter worked just fine.

Carlo Besasie