Re: Eclair Cameras: To August

thanks,

try not to get sucked into their own misery ... its not worth your time, and your GOOD energy. miserable people will be miserable no matter how you try to prevent them from passing it along to other folks. and if you try to remind them of it they will do everything in their power to infect you with their own misery. so dont let it catch. avoid it like the the plauge! and agian folks, sorry for the r16 stuff, but i figured some of you out there have one and perhaps might be suffering some ailments. i am not camera old timer. in fact, i just started taking film cameras apart 6 months ago. but i have taken over 40 of then apart now, all differant kinds, but mostly beaulieu. gsmo, and eclair. it started out as an attempt to fix a camera i purchased(which turned into a parts camera as a result of my oh um ... inexperience). however, each camera thereinafter was met with moderate success. now, it all seems like years since i took apart my first camera, and have found a knack for it. its basic stuff really. but what i do know is very limited to some people who have been around motion picture camera along time, and i make no representations otherwise. i can only account for what i do know. that said, take it with a grain of salt and be glad i'm not tearing apart your camera ;)

From: Michael Welle <mwelle@starband.net>
Date:  Sun, 27 Jul 2003 15:47:21 +0000

I'm not the moderator of this group, but I found many of the statements in your last e-mail to be very disrespectful to Eric. For example: "Not to be rude but your email sounds like you may have been smoking too much weed," was uncalled for and the fact that you had to catch yourself by stating "not to be rude" indicates that it is rude. Kind of like the statement, "No offense, but you're (insert any insult here)."

I would also like to mention that I have found many of your postings to offer destructive rather than constructive criticism. What that does is to make this forum a place that I would rather not frequent. In the past you made the statement: "If you don't understand basic camera function, you probably shouln't be shooting film." This statement was (in my opinion) downright fascist in nature, and you even said you were sorry in a later post...I wonder how sincere that apology really was. It reminds me of another quote from Elvis Costello:

"History repeats the old conceits, the glib replies, the same defeats, keep your finger on important issues with crocodile tears and a pocketful of tissues."

My two cents...Hope this doesn't start a long thread...because I'm not posting for at least a week in case this doesn't cool down.

--
eric martin jarvies sr
cabo san lucas, bcs mexico cp 23410

NOTICE<<<
ANY AND ALL WRITTEN TEXT EXCHANGED IN THIS EMAIL THREAD MAY BE REPRODUCED IN ANY FORM FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING NON AND FOR PROFIT, FOR THE PURPOSES OF MY OWN INFORMATION EXCHANGE AND PUBLICALLY AVAILABLE KNOWLEDGE-BASE / FORUM / JOURNAL, LOCATED AT HTTP://WWW.EARTHID.ORG OR ANY OTHER INTERNET SITE OR FORM OF PRINT/DIGITAL/ANALOG MEDIA, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO; VHS, DVD, FILM, PUBLICATION(BOOK, MAGAZINE, ADVERTISEMENT), AND AUDIO.  RESPECTIVE CREDIT, COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK, SERVICEMARK, OR PATENT WILL BE MADE PART THEREOF ACCORDINGLY.  PLEASE REFRAIN FROM SLANDER OR HERESAY, AND CONSIDER ANY SUCH QUOTE(S) I MAY USE FROM THIS COMMUNICATION THREAD A DIRECT REFLECTION OF YOU AND/OR YOUR POSITION AS IT RELATES TO THE DISUSSED SUBJECT MATTER AND YOUR OVERALL OPINION(S) ACCORDINGLY AND RESPECTFULLY, UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED.  I GIVE FULL PERMISSION FOR YOU TO EXPRESS THE EXACT SAME RIGHTS IN RETROSPECT.