meep.

From: Wade Ramsey <wramsey@bju.edu>
Date:  Sun, 27 Jul 2003 11:36:29 -0400

I'd be more interested about just fixing the movement so it doesn't lose the loop. We have two R-16s that I have consigned to storage because they were so troublesome. Also, the use of some sort of mastic to seal the movement to the rest of the body is pretty crude.

Wade K. Ramsey, DP
Dept. of Cinema & Video Production
Bob Jones University
Greenville, SC 29614
jerdog@ou.edu 07/27/03 09:53 AM >>>
Eric

Tell us all a little bit about yourself.  Your annoucement that you are
working on a S16 upgrade to the Beaulieu R16 in a Palapa in Cabo San Lucas
is a little un-nerving.

For those of you who are unaware, a Palapa is a grass hut, without walls,
usually on a beach or in a jungle.  Just wondering if you speak Spanish
fluently.  If so "como esta puedes trabahar tan calor como es en san lucas".
Not to be rude but your email sounds like you may have been smoking too much
weed.

I can think of no benefit to converting a Beaulieu to super16 the pressure
plate probably won't handle it so it will have to be remilled or replaced.
The mirror will have to be replaced, the shutter will have to be remilled as
it is an integral part of the gate mechanism and the gate will have to be
enlarged as well.  The internal dimensions of the camera are very critical
and tightly packed. The conversion will be extremely difficult and will have
to be done by a Beaulieu Tech(there are very few left in the world).  The
Beaulieu is a light weight machine and should never be worked on by an
amateur.  The conversion will cost twice the cost of the camera and probably
only work with 100' loads.  I don't get it why not just spend the 3 or 4
grand on an ACL.

Anyway isnt this an ACL discussion group.

So Eric Send me a photo of your engineering Palapa.