From: ian samels <iansamels@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:10:54 +0000
To: EclairACL@topica.com
Subject: Eclair Cameras: CAMEFLEX - Scratch - Advice

Hi Dale

Well I've never had a base scratch with a cameflex so my advice will be
quite general.

Take a clean, fresh roll of gash stock (cut off the first few feet if
necessary)
thread the magazine according to manual (also in ACM, Carlson book).

I tend to have big loops , because the cameras can jam and I've had no
problems with scratching
in the mags.

Mount the magazine, here's where an inexperienced (with the camera) AC can
go wrong. Sometimes the mags don't mount well, and this is rectified by
moving the movement on the camera a bit. Try again,
should mount perfectly. An improperly mounted magazine should cause far more
serious problems
than a base scratch, but might, just might, be part of the problem.

Roll camera. Inspect Film. Obviously if there's a scratch it's position
should point to where the problem is.
Rectifying it, isn't so easy to advise on , cause I've never had one. Try
and find the burr by running your finger across the pressure plate
(incidentally these should not be allowed to dry out - if they are dry and
pale in colour, just put a little camera oil on them  (NOT regularly) to
keep them dark red).  It will be difficult to
feel all the contact points by hand and you may have to take the mag apart -
I hope not for your sake.

For tiny burrs I recommend that silverware cleaning stuff. I think it's
called duraglit here in the UK.
It's a bit like cotton wool or insulation material, it has a very gentle
abrasive action.

Some of the others may give you better advice on scratch testing, I'm no AC.

Good luck!

Ian Samels

rom: D H <planetearth@sympatico.ca>
>To: EclairACL@topica.com
>Subject: Re: Eclair Cameras: Cameflex base scratch
>Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 07:44:39 -0400
>
>Hi Ian and CJ,
>
>Yes, any details on testing the mags would be greatly appreciated.
>
>All the best,
>Dale
>
> > From: ian samels <iansamels@hotmail.com>
> > Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 02:14:28 +0000
> > To: EclairACL@topica.com
> > Subject: Re: Eclair Cameras: Cameflex base scratch
> >

> > Hi Dale
> >
> > I rarely have problems with Cameflex mags causing scratches.
> > But often find professional loaders don't come across these
> > cameras often and they can make errors when loading , as CJ
> > has pointed out you can test the mags quite easily.
> >
> > ian samels
> >
> > m: D H <planetearth@sympatico.ca>

>will
>numerous