ACL vs. NPR

Eclair ACL Discussion and Support

--------------------------- ListBot Sponsor --------------------------
Sopranos fanatics, this one is for you.  Tony Soprano's autographed
Suburban is available for purchase on eBayTM.  James Gandolfini has
personally signed the vehicle.  Find this and over 800 other Sopranos
items for sale on eBay.
http://www.bcentral.com/listbot/ebay

Hello to everyone, I am new to the group. I am a cinematography student at SVA in New York and I am ready to buy a sync camera, I have had an MOS Arri M for several years now. I have read everything I can find on the Eclairs and the two major differences I am aware of between the NPR and the ACL are the weight and the adjustable shutter. Is it worth the weight burden to have an adjustable shutter or is this something that is rarely on a typical narrative film. Truthfully I don't know it's uses; my Arri has a fixed shutter. I am most definitely leaning toward the ACL because of portability and the fact that hand holding 21lbs in strange student film positions does not sound like fun. Are there any other reasons why I would choose the NPR over the ACL?

Thank you to anyone with answers

Beau Grantland