Re: Magazine Question.

   Mark, I took off the plate and ran the camera, the belt was on the take-up, but when the belt moved the take-up didn't.  I took out my 200ft mag and turned the take-up side by hand and it was very easy, but it was also empty.  The 400ft mag is almost full and it is very difficult to turn the take-up.  Is the take up at all tied into other mechanics in the mag other than the spring belt, and it could be jammed somewhere else?  If that were true, I don't know why everything else would work great except the take-up.  Very frustrating.  Thanks in advance.

James
----- Original Message ----- From: Mark To: EclairACL@topica.com Sent: Monday, August 06, 2001 6:26 PM
 Subject: Re: Magzine Question.

Unscrew the black plate on the take-up side --- the oval sort-of plate that sits in the middle of the mag (the take-up spindle sits inside of this plate). Lift out the plate. You should see a spring belt that drives the take-up. Something is obviously not working with this belt ... could the belt not be on the pully correctly? Is it snapped in half? Good luck.