Re: Anamorphic lens

Elmo made a very nice anamorphic adapter for its 16mm projectors. I have used it in front of the regular "flat" projection lens on a 35mm projector and it is quite sharp. And it certainly doesn't seem to vignette. It is a very good-looking piece of glass that might be worth experimenting with --- you'd need to create a coupler on a lathe to attach it to the front of your camera lens, and then use a "cradle" support underneath. My guess is that this lens would be sharper than a lens made for camcorders or still cameras. I've never shot with it, though. Perhaps they are now going for a good price on eBay. Mark.