To: <EclairACL@topica.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2001 12:00 AM
Subject: RE: Eclair ACL Switar Lenses

Thanks for the responses - it looks like "Anti Reflective" is the winner. I wonder: I see a lot of non RX switars without the "AR" label and have noticed that these typically sell for more than an "AR" lens. Does this mean that AR lenses are generally older and perhaps have a less inferior anti reflective coating?

I guess I'm really interested in knowing the differences between different makes of non RX switars.

While I'm on this topic could I ask, out of curiosity, what some of you out there use for switar primes and how you're satisfied/dissatisfied with their performance? Also, what format these opinions relate to (low def TV/high def TV/projected print).

Nick