Re: Eclair ACL ACL

Sorry, forgot to include the link to Mike's site.
http://www.mugjoint.com/media/

From: bitchbitch@earthlink.net
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 17:26:25 -0600
To: Super16ACL@aol.com, EclairACL@topica.com
Subject: RE: Eclair ACL ACL

Thank you Mark!

I just e-mailed the guy from Ebay asking the motor of the camera and reserve
price....here is his response :(needless to say-dream on, dear seller!:)

Hello:

This motor is called a MIVAR. It's the newer type with variable speeds -
from 8 fps to 75 fps all crystal controlled. This camera is set at 24 fps
for sound work. The nice thing about it is that it has a motor light that
lights up until the marked speed is obtained. In the event of a speed
reduction, the warning light lights up. This camera is in excellent used
condition. The glass is immaculate, all functions seem to work fine, the
magazines lock positively, the transfer on and off the camera is very easy.
There is a manual included. I've set a reserve at $5,200.

Thanks for your inquiry,

Mike Hirsch
Title of item:           ECLAIR ACL 1.5  16MM PRODUCTION CAMERA
Seller:                  mikey@mugjoint.com
Starts:                  Nov-12-01 13:09:31 PST
Ends:                    Nov-19-01 13:09:31 PST
Price:                   Starts at $750.00
To view the item, go to:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1296885172
<http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=1296885172>

Hi Victoria. Check out IN-SYNC magazine, published by CHRISTY'S EDITORIAL
out of Burbank, CA.  They have a web site too. They are the biggest used
equipoment buy/sell magazine.

Of course eBay frequently has ACLs up for sale, but you don't know for sure
what you're getting. An ACL in good condition is a great camera, but there
are a lot of bad ones (noisey) out there.

Good Luck. Mark.

-

This email was sent to: brandtwilson@home.com