Re: Eclair ACL 35mm Fisheyes

They won't be fisheye on 16mm because the smaller format will crop off
all sides.  They will have some of the fisheye "distortion" within the
area covered, which would be the center of the frame, but there is
less effect there than at the perimeter.
Essentially, it will just be an 8mm wide angle with barrel
distortion.

Wade K. Ramsey, DP
Dept. of Cinema & Video Production
Bob Jones University
Greenville, SC 29614

joshuatunick@hotmail.com 11/15/01 1:22:08 PM >>>

Has anyone tried a 35mm fisheye lens on Super 16? I've heard (from
those folks selling these lenses) that it won't be a fisheye on a 16mm camera, but I find that hard to believe.

Specifically, there are usually a few 8mm fisheye "Peleng"
nikon-mount lenses on ebay. They're fairly slow at f 3.5 but a hell of a lot more

affordable for Super 16 than anything else. Anyone tried it?

Thanks,

Joshua