Re: Eclair ACL Battery Options

Go for the 14.4v size.  You'll get a lot more footage out of it.

Wade K. Ramsey, DP
Dept. of Cinema & Video Production
Bob Jones University
Greenville, SC 29614

joshuatunick@hotmail.com 11/15/01 4:23:49 PM >>>
Hello everyone -

I just thought I'd let everyone know that I'm working on some
different battery options for the ACL. Originally I was working on an Anton Bauer mount, and may end up doing it anyway, but I recently found out that

DeWalt cordless tool batteries would work just as well and at a
fraction of the price. I'm going to try and make a mount for those batteries and see how that goes. Thay are NiCad and you can get them at 12 volts and at 14.4 volts. I'm going to go with 14.4 volts unless someone can think of any reason not to - the heavy duty motor should do fine at 14.4, right?

I'll keep you posted...

Joshua