Re: Eclair ACL New kid on the block ...

I'm the last person who would advise anyone to do their own conversion. The instructions are intended for experienced ACL Techs to familiarize themselves with the kit. The only reason to monkey around is if you've got an old ACL carcass and want to play with it to learn the mechanism. The only "user serviceable" aspect of the ACL, in my mind anyway, is refocusing the ground glass in a pinch. (I had a camera crash into the ceiling last weekend on a jib arm, and the focus was slightly knocked out --- with a roomfull of actors I was able to get the thing up and running again without having to send everyone home. -phew-). Mark.