Re: Eclair ACL zoom lenses vs. primes ... the Angenieux 12-120

Yeah, I mistyped.  I was talking about the 10-150 Angie.

julian

From: Marc Syp <mpsyp@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 18:12:44
To: EclairACL@topica.com
Subject: Re: Eclair ACL zoom lenses vs. primes ... the Angenieux 12-120

P.S. Julian:

I re-read your reply and saw that you referred to the 10-150 T/2.3 as a
ZEISS. I am actually talking about the ANGENIEUX.  Don't know if it was a
misread or a mistype. :)

Marc S.

From: Marc Syp <mpsyp@hotmail.com>
To: EclairACL@topica.com
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 18:06:52

I will of course report to the group on my findings but I will say up front
that I don't have a ton of comparison experience. I've only done one
serious
project (a PSA media campaign for TV) and I shot the whole thing on a
crystal-synced R16 with c-mount lenses. Mostly Angies (12-120, 25/.95) but
also some switars (10mm) and assorted low-light cheapies (Computar
12.5-75/1.2). I was acutally very suprised by the quality of the Computar,
thought it was going to be utter garbage.  But then I've never shot with
zeiss superspeeds or cooke primes, so you all probably think these lenses
eat dirt. :)   Anyway, I probably won't be shooting anything soon with my
10-150 (for my new ACL), but when I do I'll let you know what I think.

Marc S.