From: Wade Ramsey <wramsey@bju.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 19:57:07 -0500
To: EclairACL@topica.com
Subject: Re: Eclair ACL SCHNEIDER

The diagonal of the image area on standard 16mm is 12.7mm.  The
diagonal of a 2/3" chip is 11mm, 1/2" chip is 8mm, and 1/3" chip is
6mm.  Not sure what the 1/4" chips are, but I think about 4mm.

A 16mm camera lens used on a 2/3" chip camera will give a narrower
angle of view than for 16.  A lens made to just cover this chip will
vignette on 16mm, not to mention Super 16, which has a diagonal of
14.6mm.

Wade Ramsey

super16acl@aol.com 2/22/02 8:48:34 PM >>>
Technically a lens that can cover 2/3" should cover Super-16 (which
is 1/2" at widest) --- but that doesn't necessarily mean that the lens will be sharp enough for film work. In the end, the only way to know for sure is to try it out.