Eclair ACL ACL Virgin

I am afraid this might all sound a bit naieve compared to the usual technical chat. Now the thing is I have bought my standard 16 acl and cannot decide if to attempt the first short on 16, or get it converted straight away to super 16. If I were to keep it as standard can I use Super 16 film in the camera, I might be able to get a bit for free. The other thing is,( and this will make me sound a bit simple) if I do use standard 16 is it core or spool? I am confused, I am need of advice but I am very keen to get shooting. Everything I have done up untill now was on my Leicina special, oh super 8 was so simple.

Thanks in advance Stephen