Eclair ACL thinking about purchasing an acl.

Hey all, this is my first time writing to this discussion group, however I've been reading many of the different threads on this chat room for several months now. I am almost convinced on purchasing a s16 acl. However, I have been advised against it by a few industry pro's who are more experienced than myself. There reasoning ranges from the acl being too old of a camera and that replacement parts are not readily available to the acl not being considered a true professional camera, unreliable, too fragile, unable to be correctly be converted to s16, and a whole host of other excuses. I value these guys opinion but it seems to me that every one of you on the eclairacl chat seem to be very happy with your cameras. I would appreciate it if you acler's would help to dispel the myths and lend your expertise to help shine some light on the subject. I am in the market for a sync sound 16 mm preferably a s16 camera. Aaton and Arris are at the present moment out of my financial reach and since I am still, to some degree, a novice, I don't think I would purchase an Arri or Aaton even if I could. I've been advised to purchase a brand new Bolex, although they are great cameras, they are not sync sound. Could someone help me with my dilemma I am anxious to shoot film but I'm confused as to which camera to buy. I like several things about the acl (onboard batt, sync sound, 70 fps, etc.) but my concern is whether buying one is going to be a dream come true for me or a nightmare.

Someone please HELP!!!

Best Regards,

Rafael