From: Alexander <mo007@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 21:03:01 -0700
To: EclairACL@topica.com
Subject: Re: Eclair Cameras: T-max versus 7245

Hi, Julian

Thanks for the info. It's been a long time since I've shot 16mm and I'm
thinking of shooting a feature film in 16mm B&W. I'm tempted to use 7276 or
7278. What's the speed of these films? I'll end up blowing up the whole
movie to 35mm by myself. I have a blow up printer. Now, as for the lenses.
My ACL is regular 16mm, which I prefer to S16, because my philosophy is if I
want to shoot a bigger format, I'll shoot 35mm. I just don't want the
hassles of working with S16 all the way from production to final print in
35mm. So the lenses I have are the Angenieux 12-120mm. I have a 25mm
Angenieux that was made for the Bell & Howells, it's the f/0.95. I also have
a Soligor 28-50mm with the Nikon mount and I have the adapter for the
c-mount. I have a 10mm Schneider I bought on eBay, but it turned out the
rear element is separated, the glass that is, and the seller doesn't have
the money to take it back, so I'm stuck with it. I don't know if it will be
sharp. It's not badly separated. It's barely noticeable. I'm trying to find
if I can get it repaired for a reasonable amount. If you know something
about how I should do this let me know. Anyway, that's a lot of questions.
If I go with Schneiders then if I can get the 10mm repaired. I have the
28-50-75mm set from my Arri 2c, which I can use.

Cordially

Vic