From: "Marc Syp" <mpsyp@hotmail.com>
To: <EclairACL@topica.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 4:23 PM
Subject: Eclair Cameras: Loading 200' ACL magazines with A-minima

Hi all.

I tried to search the archives but had trouble logging in to Topica (or
getting a new password, for that matter).  Anyway, I know you all have
discussed this before but I'd love to get a few tips.  I'm planning,
finally, to test out my ACL with film.  I have 2 rolls of the new Vision2
500T that are on 200' A-Minima rolls.

1) First things first... I don't have any core adapters.  Is that going to
kill me?  Here's what I do have:

(a) Two complete 200' daylight spools, which I could use for takeup if
absolutely necessary.  I hear that this can add to the camera noise,
though,
so I"d like to look into an alternative.

(b) On disassembled 200' daylight spool and an assortment of cores.
Unfortunately the cores don't just slide down the spindle of a 200' spool,
so I'll have to work something out with the flat flange side. I have
contemplated glueing the core to the flange, but I don't want to lose the
whole apparatus when I get it processed.  Perhaps I could ask the lab to
return the spool/flange assembly?

2) Could some kind soul give me some tips on loading a 200' magazine in
general, and also more specifically the A-Minima loads? I do have an ACL
manual and a changing bag.  However, I think I read a while back that the
A-M loads have the emulsion facing the opposite direction of regular
loads?
Please send me any tips.

3) P.S.  I'll be using an Angenieux 10-150 in excellent condition.  Or
should I get some good 35mm Nikon primes (I do have an adapter)?

Thanks!

Marc S.
(can't wait to shoot)