Re: Eclair Cameras: rewind vs spiral

I have processed a lot of 35mm and 70mm still film in the spiral reels with good consistency, but no mp film. We would slowly spin the reel as we immersed it to avoid flow patterns from the spines that supported the spiral wires.
What temperature are you running your Hadland?  With reversal you could go up to about 80 deg. F, I'm not sure about neg.  But I believe some big lab machines used to run the temp. much higher than that, up to 100 deg. F.  I'd test it first on something you can throw away!

Slowing the machine down seems like the better solution.  30 secs. immersion time is very brief for uniformity.

Wade K. Ramsey, DP
Dept. of Cinema & Video Production
Bob Jones University
Greenville, SC 29614

cineman16@yahoo.com 1/25/04 4:26:33 AM >>>
I have used the russian tank, with fine results on an
individual roll basis, but you'll need to get a good
regular method going in order to get consistency from
roll to roll. (I have only processed regular 16 with
this).

On a further note, does anyone know the availabilty of
rapid B+W chemistry? I have a Hadland machine
(negative) processor, which while it functions very
well, allows only about 30 seconds per bath! There
seems to be very little data about, and Kodak is its
usual (un)helpful self when it comes to giving info on
their products... I think I'll end up slowing the
machine down...

Regards,

Adrian

=====

Films zijn zilver
Video's zijn rost
(Als je vragen moet, dan begrijp je niet)