RE: Eclair Cameras: EXTRA! EXTRA! Optar Illumina Lenses on Ebay

What threw me was the other auctions for the other 2
focal lengths. One (the 8mm) is correctly identified
as Bayonet, the other (the 9.8) has a picture of a
bayonet, but is identified as Bayonet and then PL on
the same line. No adaptor is mentioned....
--- Michael Welle <wellem@bellsouth.net> wrote:
The lenses in the picture are taken from the Cinema
Technic site. The reason is because they can't take any pictures of the actual lenses other than the 8 and the 9.5 which they already opened. You see, the lenses are factory sealed, brand new in bayonet mount. Cinema Technic can put them into bayonet mount for $375.00 each (they might change this). But I went the other route and bought the TS to Bayonet mount adapter from Les Bosher in England. Not all of the lenses are yellow, some have white markings as you can see in the case of the 9.5mm they are selling.

Thanks,
Mike Welle

...but the lenses in the
> auction pic are definitely PL. Thats a heckuva
deal,
> either way.
>   Todd Liebman- Cinematographer
>   Los Angeles, CA