Re: Eclair Cameras: HELP battery problem

Warren Yeager wrote:

...ACLs take batteries from 12v to 13.2v (14.4v is too much, right everybody?)....<

Well, when we had a CP conversion motor (old single speed ACL 1 motor) the CP service man, whose last name was Jackson, told me that anything up to 16 volts was okay and that the absolute burnout point was 19 volts.  Since we were having trouble getting that weak motor to hold sync when the weather was cold, we bought a 14.4v battery for it.  This didn't help it a lot, but it didn't hurt it, either.

Wade K. Ramsey, DP
Dept. of Cinema & Video Production
Bob Jones University
Greenville, SC 29614