Eclair Cameras: One Last Thing from the List Mum

Hi all,
Because someone asked for it, here are the guidelines for using the Eclair List. This is sent to everyone when you join, so if you didn't keep it the first time keep this one. It reads:

Everyone is encouraged to participate. Please read the following guidelines regarding conduct on the List:

1. Contribute! Contribute! Contribute! These lists don't work if people don't contribute.

2. Respect your fellow listees. Flame posts and derogatory posts will not be tolerated.

3. Please keep posts on topic, that is if you want to debate politics, religion, or bird watching, that is fine, but take if off list please. This list is primarily for discussion of Eclair cine-cameras and their use. Cinematography and camera related topics are okay.

4. If you are a dealer or technician you are welcome to offer your goods and services on the List but please contribute to the discussions. That is, if I find you are only using the List to advertise then you may be asked to leave. Spam is not cool.

5. Lastly, have fun. This list is for the hobbyist as well as the professional.

Email me if you have any questions regarding the above.

On the subject of whether or not to post negative comments regarding work performed by a camera technician I would say this, use your best judgement. Remember this is a public forum and certain comments could be construed as slanderous. I always encourage someone to praise a good tech and if you find a bad tech then you owe it to your fellow list members to let us know about it. The best way to handle it is to say "I had a bad experience with so and so. If you would like further info please email me off-List." But don't air it out on the List please. No one on the List should feel they are being put on the defensive.

The reason I plug Bernie O and Les B is simple, they are both list members and I think we owe it to them to support our fellow list members. I would say the same about August Loessberg. He is a frequent contributor to the List and deserves our patronage.

So far I have yet to run across a bad camera technician. Most of them are skilled professionals and take alot of pride in their work, so give them their props and spend a little money on that camera.

I'm signing off for the night.  My eyeballs are starting to hurt.

Adios,
Ray the List Mum