Eclair Cameras: Associated dangers with sending exposed negative by mail?

Hi guys,

this question is a little off list.
I have an ongoing doco shoot with limited budget
originating on (super) 16mm negative (various
emulsions).   There is only one lab here in Melbourne,
Australia and because of lack of competition the cost
of processing is very high.  I notice that in LA, for
example, the cost of processing 16mm neg is half what
it is here.  I'm going to shoot 70-80 400 foot rolls,
so it's a considerable saving.

Does anyone have any bad experience with sending
exposed negative by mail?  I've done this with a lot
of Kodachrome Super 8 and never had a problem.
Thanks
Paul Williams