RE: Eclair Cameras: Van Diemen

Karl,
If they are out of business, then why is their website still up?

http://www.vandiemen-ltd.com/

Also, apparently Film Camera Kit is offering conversions for 950 pounds ($1,682.45 USD). Please see the following link:

http://www.filmcamerakit.com/HTML/lens_modifications.htm

My notion is that the T stop would increase according to this chart (of my making):

T2.0 = 1.00X (Zeiss 10-100 Factory)
T2.1 = 1.05X
T2.2 = 1.10X (Zeiss 11-110  Factory)
T2.3 = 1.15X (Film Camera Kit 11.5-115)
T2.4 = 1.20X  (Optex or Serious Gear 12-120)
T2.5 = 1.25X
T2.6 = 1.30X
T2.7 = 1.35X
T2.8 = 1.40X (Les Bosher conversion 14-140)

The last conversion is written about on Mark's page:

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/Super16ACL/zoom.htm

Here are pages about the other conversions:

http://www.zgc.com/zgc.nsf/0/66f7e378099b53ec85256cf50078ca97?OpenDocument

http://www.cinematechnic.com/super_16mm/Super_16_Lens_Conversion.html

So basically, it seems that if someone could get their hands or create a 1.10X converter that they could attach to the Zeiss 10-110, you could have the same thing as a factory 11-110, n'est-ce pas?

Mike Welle