To: <EclairACL@topica.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 25, 2003 6:32 PM
Subject: RE: Eclair Cameras: EXTRA! EXTRA! Optar Illumina Lenses on Ebay

hello,

i have had my eyes on the sets he has been posting on ebay(i assume we
are talking about the same person, as i have only seen one person
selling new sets on ebay in the past month or two), and have actually
emailed him a couple of times ...keiv camera i beleive.  he indicates
these lenses are in the new arri bayonet mount.

my ACL II currently has the eclair mount/c-mount.  i have a pl mount to
c-mount adapter, and a mattebox/rods setup.  so my question is, would it
be worth converting these to lenses to pl mount and using my pl mount
adapter on my acl(i also have other c-mount cameras) c-mount?  or would
it be better installing a pl mount on the acl instead of using a pl to
c-mount converter?  or, is there c-mount adapter for the new arri
bayonet mount that these ilumina lenses come in?  if so, where and how
much?

assuming one purchases the set of ilumina arri bayonet mount lenses as
described on the ebay page, what would be the most cost effective route
to use these lenses on my eclair acl II camera?

thanks,

eric m jarvies
cabo san lucas, baja california sur.  mexico