To: <EclairACL@topica.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 11:50 PM
Subject: Eclair Cameras: Bernie O'Doherty

Just had an AZ Spectrum video assist installed on our ACL-1.  Haven't had
a chance to really test it, except to see that it works.

However, since Bernie laser brightened the screen several years ago it has
had a sort of bright area in the center with some vignetting around the
outside.  This is because the screen is more transparent, less diffusing.
It isn't a big issue in viewfinding, but the vignetting makes the corners
much darker on the video assist monitor.  This effect is more vivid the
shorter the focal length lens used.

Will someone give me Bernie's phone number?  I believe he has improved his
system and maybe he can help.

Thanks!

Wade K. Ramsey, DP
Dept. of Cinema & Video Production