Re: Eclair Cameras: converting old 50 foot mag load cameras to S-16

I never completed the project due to time, but it didn't strike me as terribly difficult to have a few little parts made for the magazine, or even to modify the existing ones. The major thing to deal with is that the film is driven through the magazine by a cheap little sprocket wheel that engages the track-side perfs. So this would need to be re-worked to drive the other edge of the film. I don't think it would be a massive thing for any tinkerer. I bought about 25 magazines to work on (now those are harder to find and more costly ... like $20 each or something), but I never got the time to do it. But if you wanted a tiny "Kodak Instamatic-like" camera in S-16 for skydriving or car crashes or just insane grab shots where no one must know there is a camera, this would be the way. Mark. PS - naturally you'd then need to file open the camera aperture, possibly re-center the lens (easiest way would be to bore out the c-mount from the body, and reset it off center with epoxy --- not trying to to make anything pretty).