Re: Eclair Cameras: S16 conversion

In theory a perfect ACL mag will not scratch S-16.  However because of the possibility of dirt, it is a good idea to take down the support on the track side of the rollers to .7mm.    Sometimes, however, it is also necessary to add a "lip" to the roller on the sprocket side to prevent the film from sliding off this .7mm support.

I don't recommend modification of the pressure plate --- I have never had a scratch from a good condition unmodified ACL pressure plate for tens of thousands of feet. This support is probably necessary to ensure that the film is absolutely flat at the film plane