Re: Eclair Cameras: kinetal 12.5

Do you think it will interfere with an Eclair ACL?

I have a Cooke Kinetal 12.5mm purchased on Ebay, and it covers Super 16.
As I understand it, this design dates back to the Arri S and M cameras.
Apparently, the back part of the lens mount can interfere with the
mirror when it is used on later Arriflexes like the BL or SR.

I guess if you were to buy an unmodified lens you could *very* carefully
test-fit it to your camera to see if it clears the mirror. If there's a
problem, you could have the lens modified, but the modification may cost
more than the lens.

I was lucky - the lens I have was already modified for use on an Arri SR
when I bought it. You can spot a modified lens because it looks like a
"slice" has been removed from the lens mount close to the rear element.
An unmodified lens will be perfectly round at the back. I hope this is
helpful and not confusing.

- Ian Marks