Re: Eclair Cameras: I'm boycotting Kodak!

Aaton has been in the bad guy box for years, why don't people catch on. CWW
----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Welle" <mwelle@starband.net>
To: <EclairACL@topica.com>
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 6:28 AM
Subject: Eclair Cameras: I'm boycotting Kodak!

It seems pretty clear to me whats happening here: Aaton is in bed with Kodak. Aaton wants to corner the market. Kodak wants to corner the market. The ACL represents an affordable alternative to the Aaton A-Minima. It also takes 200' core loads. Kodak won't acknowledge that the ACL works with A-Minima loads. Kodak is also propogating half-truths about the ACL in their description in order to promote limited sales of this camera. What Kodak and Aaton are doing stinks! I, for one, will only be purchasing Fuji 16mm film until Kodak tells the full truth about the Eclair ACL on their website. As far as Aaton goes, I think this quote from Elvis Costello pretty much sums up their position:

"Are you ready for the merger with the company you're part of, so you do the dirty business with your latest sleeping partner."

Michael Welle