Eclair Cameras: Cameflex Variable Shutter

Hi,

The variable shutter on my Cameflex is extremely tight and difficult to adjust. I've had it serviced twice with no success, and I was told that if it was any looser that the shutter would change position while filmming. This seems unlikely as it has a screw to hold it in position, and its hard enough when I'm trying to move it. I frequently change between 45 and 180 degrees. I think it must either need to be oiled or I may need to find a new mirror/shutter. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Also, can anyone recommend good 24volt batteries?

Thanks,

Ian Turpen
i_turpen@hotmail.com