Eclair Cameras: Behind lens filter - Use - Question

Group,

New to behind the lens filter. I know from learning in the past when using the behind the lens filter, the light refraction can throw off focal plane. Since ACL was designed with this feature, I'm sure this is not a problem. Getting to my question, when not using say a 80 or 85 filter, do I need to use a UV filter (or from experience is it best not to use this feature at all). Any personal experience with the later French ACL 2 (super 16 mod.) on the matter would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill Wiley