RE: Eclair Cameras: ACL serial numbers. 1, 1.5, 2?

-----Original Message-----
From: august loessberg [mailto:jerdog@ou.edu]
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 8:33 AM
To: EclairACL@topica.com
Subject: To all users. Re light leaks in 200 magazines.

Most users may have noticed this problem with 200 mags already.  But almost
every 200 mag I have ever seen has a serious light leak.  It is caused by
the shrinkage of the sound dampening material used inside the doors on both
sides. Remember that any 200 mag is already 25-30 years old and the high
density rubber foam insulation shrinks with age.
If you own a 200 mag use should cover the opening inside the door, just
under the locking latch with a piece of black camera tape.

When the camera is still and on set, light filters through this opening and
fogs 2-3 frames of film next to the opening.  It shows up in post as flair
that occurs approximately 29-35 frames from the start frame of each shot.

So common is this problem that I immediately correct this problem on every
magazine I service.