Re: what prime lens for ACL?

Eclair ACL Discussion and Support

--------------------------- ListBot Sponsor --------------------------
Start Your Own FREE Email List at http://www.listbot.com/links/joinlb

I'll bet optical electro house in Culver City can do a CA-adapter to Nikon Conversion. They do the CA to PL conversion --- but it isn't cheap.

I tend to be leary of 35mm SLR lenses in 16mm, because they do not have to be manufactured to the same degree of sharpness as 16mm lenses. (In 35mm motion picture work they aren't bad). I've had aluminum barrels machined for my zeiss prime lenses (Arris-S mount; lenses worth about $400-500 each) that slip overtop of the lens, screw down onto the lens focus ring, and thet give SLR-like front focusing.