From: "Robert Morein" <prolog3@netreach.net>
To: "Eclair ACL Discussion and Support" <EclairACL@listbot.com>
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2001 12:23 AM
Subject: Re: ACL/bolex lenses

Eclair ACL Discussion and Support

--------------------------- ListBot Sponsor --------------------------
Get a low APR NextCard Visa in 30 seconds!
     1.  Fill in the brief application
     2.  Receive approval decision within 30 seconds
     3.  Get rates as low as 2.99% Intro or 9.99% Ongoing APR and no
annual fee!
Apply NOW!
http://www.bcentral.com/listbot/NextCard

> wow! thanks for all the info on the lenses guys. it gives me a lot to
> consider. i'm leaning towards c mount lenses because of cost. super16acl
> mentioned the 10mm switar. i have a bolex as well and i was wondering if
the
> 10mm would cover super 16 on a bolex? kill two birds with one stone so
> speak. thanks again.

One thing to observe:
There are two kinds of Bolex lenses: the older ones, and the RX lenses.
The RX lenses contain a compensation in the optical formula for the
beam-splitter in a reflex Bolex.
This means that RX lenses contain an error in the optical formula when
used
on cameras which have mirrors, instead of beamsplitters.

It is not recommended to use a 10mm RX lens on your Eclair.
A non RX lens will work.