From: "Nick Peterson" <zonksz@hotmail.com>
To: <EclairACL@listbot.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 7:05 PM
Subject: Batteries

Eclair ACL Discussion and Support

Knowing very little about batteries (but a little about electronics) - I
have to ask the following, before trying it and blowing up my camera
(which,
knowing my skills is still very likely even if it does work).

I acquired two 12 v deep cycle gel batteries rated at 33 amp hours - will
these work safely with my ACL? They presumably are the types often used on
motorized wheel chairs, and despite their weight, are convenient in that
they would probably last forever with (I expect) the small draw that the
ACL
takes.

A 5 amp battery belt, at a fraction of the weight, will also last forever.
Under $100 from B&H Photo in NYC.

Those batteries will work, but they will severely impair your mobility.